History of the Brick

The Background of The Brick

The Hub

MCA is located in the heart of historic downtown Ocala, Florida. Long before it became the Center for the Arts, it was known as The Hub.

The Hub was a clothing store from around 1953. It was owned and operated by Robert “Bob” Leibowitz and had been serving local customers since 1935.

Photo credit — Thanks to Kent Sperring for sharing the old photo with us.