- This event has passed.
September First Friday Art Walk
September 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
First Friday Art Walk returns to Downtown Ocala Friday, Sept. 3, 6 to 9 p.m. The First Friday Art Walk occurs on the first Friday of each month, September through May. The following activities will be included in September’s event:
• Hands-on art activities and demonstrations for all ages provided by local non-profit arts and cultural organizations.
• Local artists selling their works throughout Downtown.
• Participating businesses with extended hours.
• Buskers (musicians) stationed throughout the downtown area, including My Uncle’s Friend and Prestine Allen playing ambient music.
• Live musical performance will return to the Downtown Square, featuring Taylor Rich.
Additionally, in the courtyard of Brick City Center for the Arts, 23 W. Broadway St., will be the presentation of the Levitt AMP Ocala Music Series guitar at 7 p.m. Throughout the 10-week 2021 Levitt AMP Ocala Music Series, sponsor Kona Ice Ocala collected performer signatures on a guitar that will be presented to the Marion Cultural Alliance to be used for 2022 series fundraising.
In the event of inclement weather, the First Friday Art Walk will move to the Ocala Downtown Market, 310 SE Third St.
For more information, please contact the City of Ocala Cultural Arts Department at 352-629-8447 or [email protected]; or visit www.ocalafl.org/artwalk.